Worklife job club will meet for the last time on 3rd September 2019
Worklife was started seven years ago to support unemployed people with advice, CV writing, access to computers and help with using them, job-finding tips and encouragement.
Originally it ran weekly, and then more recently once a month at Forefront Centre. More than 200 people were helped by Worklife since the project began. We know of at least 40 people who found jobs, and we are pleased that a number of clients continued to walk with Forefront by attending our Sunday service.
There is now a fall in demand for the services offered. More work is available locally and major local employers regularly recruit staff directly. Due to this positive work situation, Worklife is going into retirement on 3rd September.
The Forefont staff will be happy to chat to job-seekers who call in at any time, and will direct people to other services which can support them, including:
- Chard Library – gives free computer use to library members at the Lace Mill
- Yarlington Housing – run a job club for their tenants every Thursday at the Rugby Club
- Citizens Advice Bureau – give help and advice on a wide range of work and benefit issues, from their base at the Forefront Centre on Wednesdays and Thursdays
- One Step Recruitment agency – based at 32 Fore Street (tel: 01460 68884)
- On-line – there are many job sites available such as Indeed (www.indeed.co.uk)